Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Material collage painting

I have been doing research and developing ideas for my "text painting" project, to work with the idea of letting people to read the painting in the content of the visual analysis of a painting that I have "painted" in my mind.
The content of my "text painting" is getting larger and larger, and in my opinion it would be hard to maintain the viewer's concentration and ask them to finish reading the painting, and with the idea and concept I have developed, it would be more powerful and effective to use visual image within the content.
I started to look for a simpler content which creates more effective impact on the viewer.
After the lecture on conceptual art, I found conceptual art is the best way to present this idea of mine, I want to play with the words, shapes, colours, for the purpose of "the idea of art is not the object or the content, but the meaning, the idea. I want to play with the viewer's mind when they looking at my collage painting, I want to make them confuse about " what they see is not what it means". At the same time, I want to keep the sculptural aesthetic balance in this collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment