Saturday, August 22, 2009

Text painting idea


I remembered one of the great Dutch painter from the 14 century, Hieronymus Bosch. I was very impressed by his painting "The Garden of Earthly Delights", when this painting came out in the 14 century, it could of be a shock with the sexual issue it has towards human, animals, demons, and the nature. And i was inspired, it almost presented the freedom of sexuality, like today's society, I don't have many words to say towards this subject matter, what really attracted me was the busyness in the painting, the every individual story has been put together into a large theme, and people could read the painting by looking into it, and discover all the little themes and figures.
For my text painting, I started looking into conceptual art, with simple words, affective words, but it wouldn't satisfy me, as I am a painter. So i decided to take this seriously, use serious words to describe this imaginary painting in my mind, and write it out onto the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment